This vacancy has ended.
Salient Group LLP is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Electrical Technician to support a growing company in Belize City.
The successful candidate should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. This position is required to make regular visits to customers, providing advice and technical guidance to meet their needs for pumping services.
The major responsibilities of the Electrical Technician include troubleshooting, diagnosing, performing preventative maintenance and installing electrical motors on-location as required. The incumbent will be required to use basic hand tools, testers, and an electrical multi-meter to maintain and repair electrical motors. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interpret technical drawings, electrical wire diagrams, and installation drawings to determine the scope of work and plan of action.
Potential candidates should have:
- At least 1 year progressively responsible work experience dealing with electrical motors and water pumps;
- An Associate/Technical Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering;
- A valid wireman’s license to operate in Belize;
- A valid Class “A” driver’s license with the capacity to drive a manual transmission vehicle;
- Ability to interpret electrical wire diagrams/schematics, technical drawings/blueprints, plans, installation drawings of industrial electrical equipment, and manuals;
- Good working knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of electrical engineering;
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (this will be tested);
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills;
- Ability to work in tight or closed-in spaces;
- Willingness and ability to drive long distances on short notice;
- A good working knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) of English and Spanish;
Kindly upload your CV along with the names and contact information of two (2) professional references in the form below.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to email email@example.com for more information.
Salary will be commensurate to your qualifications and experience.
Deadline for applications is Friday, January 21, 2022.
NOTE: Only shortlisted and/or selected Candidates will be contacted. Communication will be made within one week after the closing date of this vacancy.